We accept these payment methods:
- American Express
- Amazon Paw
- Apple Pay
Most pre-paid credit and gift cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB are also accepted.
Payment is due within four days of product availability. For in stock products, payment is due at the time of purchase. For pre-orders, payment is due when the product has arrived at our warehouse and is available to ship. After four days any unpaid items will automatically be canceled.
We accept orders from most anywhere in the world. All payments must be made in Uuros. Your credit card company converts your currency to EUR at the time of purchase using the current currency exchange rate. We do not control the exchange rate, nor any foreign transaction fees your issuing bank may charge.
PayPal Billing Agreements
We require the use of a PayPal Billing Agreement to pay with PayPal. By using a PayPal Billing Agreement you are pre-authorizing us to charge your PayPal account for purchases. This has several advantages:
- Once created you don’t have to log into PayPal every time you want to place an order with Geekult
- We can process your payments more quickly, getting your orders to you that much faster
- You can use PayPal to pay for all of your pre-orders
- A Billing Agreement can be canceled at any time
Expiration Policy: In most situations Geekult store credit automatically expires one year from date of issue. By law, store credit issued in certain situations is not allowed to expire. We keep track of this and only expire store credit when it is permitted by law. The oldest store credit is always used first. We may reinstate expired store credit upon customer inquiry.
Every payment goes through a rigorous verification process to detect potential fraud. As one of our verification steps we may authorize your card for a small amount and ask you to verify the amount before we accept payment. This authorization is not a charge, but the bank may hold the authorized funds as unavailable until the authorization expires.
Resolving a Declined Payment
During the payment verification process we may decline your payment and ask you to resubmit your billing information and card details so it matches what your credit card company has on file. In some situations we may just ask you to use a different form of payment. At this point no transaction has been attempted on your credit card.
Once your payment has passed the verification process, we will attempt to charge your credit card. If the sale is declined, you may need to contact your credit card company or bank to resolve the problem. The most common reasons for a declined payment are:
- Credit card company needs authorization prior to completing the transaction.
- You have reached the daily withdrawal or purchase limit.
- There are not enough funds in the account.
- Your credit limit has been exceeded.
Once you have determined the problem, log into "My Account" on the Geekult site and resubmit your payment details so we can process your order.
Credit Card Security
We work diligently to protect your data and keep it confidential. To ensure the utmost security, our servers never store or transmit any credit card data. When you enter a credit card on our website, it is encrypted and sent directly from your browser to our payment processor, who then sends us a token which we reference for future transactions. The token is meaningless to any outside party. We partner with a large, well-respected payment processor which is fully PCI compliant. At no time does any employee of Geekult have access to your full credit card details. Details we do store, such as the credit card last 4 digits, are encrypted and protected with industry standards.
Unknown Credit Card charges
If you don’t recognize a charge from Geekult on your credit card or PayPal account there may be several reasons:
- An item you had on pre-order became available and either shipped or was added to your Pile of Loot.
- We may have performed an authorization for a small amount as part of our payment verification process. This authorization will expire and no money is removed from your account.
- An order was placed by a family member, friend, or co-worker with access to your credit card.
- Additional cards are associated with the credit or debit account.
If you have any questions please contact us first, rather than filing a chargeback with your credit card company.